Dallin turned 26 on Monday.
We decided to celebrate through the whole weekend, but somehow things just didn't go according to plan.
On Saturday afternoon we went to Texas Roadhouse.
Jack was kind of cranky and just wanted to make a mess.
He had a cool sword that he liked poking people with.
Both of the uncles came for the fun.
Dallin rode in the saddle to lots of cheering.
I think our eyes were bigger than our stomachs because we ended up taking home a lot of leftovers.
That afternoon Jack and I started feeling yucky and Jack just got crankier and crankier.
We had Jack's photo shoot and went to Men's Wearhouse to get Dallin fitted for a suit. Jack managed to run into the mirror, not once, but twice. And he was very angry about leaving.
On Sunday I made a cake to take to friends to celebrate.
It was a little bit crumbly when we left.
On the drive, it completely fell apart...
On the morning of Dallin's birthday, Jack and I made him breakfast in bed.
We took it into him, but he was too sick to eat it.
He spent most of the day in bed, only getting up to go take a test (Lucky guy)
We postponed his birthday dinner and waited until Wednesday.
Jack and I continued to be sick Tuesday and no one is really feeling all that great yet.
Things finally began to look up Wednesday night.
The uncles came over and we had Dallin's favorite - special chicken and butter cake.
Luckily something finally went right.
Hopefully Dallin's 27th birthday doesn't have so many mishaps!
Special chicken? Now that sounds special...what's the recipe? "Special fingers" could use a new recipe! Glad you guys are feeling better...you've a rough go of it this season!
ReplyDeleteHa ha that's funny. I like your disaster cake. I'm sure it tasted good, though. Looks are over-rated.
ReplyDelete