2.07.2012

These Boots Are Made for Walking

Jack finally got some rubber boots, a necessity in these parts
He had the choice between monkey boots and fireman boots, and surprisingly my Curious George lover choose the fireman boots.
And the weather was kind enough to rain for several days straight for him.
He helped his dad wash the car in between showers.

Boots and shorts...what a look!

The rain stopped and things have cooled down.
Jack had some fun out puddle jumping.

Jack is modeling next to a crawfish hole.
For some reason I find these things fascinating.

At first, I thought they were piles of old dog poop, but was soon informed otherwise.
The crawfish make these holes.
I think it's crazy because they are all over the grass.
I just assumed that crawfish were only near the major bodies of water.
But they are right under foot!

Another Louisiana thing that amazes me (but not in a good way) - the ridiculous amount of mosquitoes.
Since it's been such a warm winter, the mosquitoes are insane and they are trying to eat my poor Jack alive. This is something I know I will not get used to! Yuck!

2 comments:

  1. Ok the crawfish fact sort of freaks me out... But Jack is super cute in his boots. Go firefighter Jack! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dat be how de git da name Mud Bugs

    ReplyDelete