11.01.2012

More Tricks Than Treats

Last Halloween our family was a little busy. Luke was days old, Dallin had just arrived in Louisiana with a moving truck full of our things, and the kids and I were in California with my family. So a lot of the Halloween traditions fell by the wayside. My wonderful Aunt Shari took Jack trick or treating, but that was it. I have felt a little guilty.

So this year I vowed to make Halloween more fun. We read books, baked treats, made decorations, went to lots of parties, the corn maze, and the pumpkin patch, and carved pumpkins. And it's a good thing we did all that beforehand because the day of ended up being a bust.

We had made big plans to go trick or treating with friends. But we ended up spending the whole night before throwing up as a family. We managed to catch a flu bug. I didn't tell Jack it was Halloween all day because I didn't want to disappoint him. We cancelled our plans with our friends. It was a bummer.

We did light our jack o lanterns and took the kids in the wagon around the block. But after a few houses, Jack said he was done and ready to go to bed. Someone gave the kids money - that was Luke's favorite part.

This year we got the nasty flu trick. Hopefully next year there'll be more treats!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear it was a bummer of a Halloween.....but there is always next year!!!! Love the pictures of two very handsome boys.

    ReplyDelete