9.10.2013

Digging for Dinosaurs

Our preschool letter today was D!

We read a book about dinosaurs playing baseball. Then we decorated the letter D into a dinosaur. 



We tried using whip cream to write our letters in. It didn't go as well as I'd planned. 



We read If You Give A Dog a Donut and had donuts for snack. 


Then we became paleontologists and dug out dinosaurs buried in the sandbox. 




Then we used to the dinosaurs to practice counting on our counting mats. They would pick a card with a number on it, then put that many dinosaurs on the mat 



Luke just loved playing with the dinosaurs. 


We worked in our workbooks and then finished dinosaur patterns. 


Our shape was a square so we sorted squares, then glued them into the letter D. 


Our final activity - we watched a video on fossils, then made fossils using our dinosaurs and Play Doh. 





It was another fun day!

Disclaimer: I'm not posting our preschool activities to brag. A friend is doing preschool too so this is a way to share some ideas with her and anyone else that needs them. Some of the ideas are my own; others I find on Pinterest. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy 'attending' your preschool.....I thought it was great that you get to use all your 'teacher talents' again.

    ReplyDelete