5.16.2009

Losing It


So I may be officially losing my mind.  Or rather losing my keys.  

Yesterday morning at school I needed to get into a room that was locked during recess, so naturally I took my keys with me.  While I was out of the classroom, I thought I'd make a stop at the bathroom (one of my fave places these days.)  Unfortunately maternity pants aren't known for their pockets, so I set my keys down in the bathroom.

And...

Seven hours later, as I was gathering my things up to go home, my keys were nowhere to be found.  I wracked my brain, trying to place where I could have possibly left them.  Oh, yeah, I went to the bathroom that morning and never once gave another thought to my keys, even though I stopped by the bathroom and that same stall FOUR more times that day.  Fortunately we have honest teachers and one of them was kind enough to return them to the office.  

I'm blaming this completely on pregnancy - never before have I been so ditzy.  Anyone else have problems like this while pregnant?

6 comments:

  1. That's totally normal for pregnancy--and it seems to get worse with each one! Those babies just suck your brain away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, I lovingly call it "pregnant brain" - and unfortunately it takes a while after you have the baby for MOST of it to come back. Notice I said MOST.....And Carrie is right - gets worse every time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! My brain hasn't come back yet... which you can imagine bothers me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the hardest time remembering the names of everyday objects when I'm pregnant, such as 'pencil', or 'washcloth'. And yes, it really does get worse with each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I will agree with the crowd and say it's completely normal (at least it was for me!) Unfortunately, I don't think it went completely away after the babies were born....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loses their keys at Pony while pregnant. Only, I left mine in my car door and someone took them into the office. Seriously...why does that happen?! You will return to normal again...well, a new normal at least! You will LOVE your rocker. I still use mine every day! It's the best baby purchase we made! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! You look great!

    ReplyDelete