If you are a very faithful reader of this blog, you may have noticed that I haven't been blogging over the last few weeks. I had surgery last week to remove a cyst from my ovary and have been out of commission while I recover.
Dallin was awesome and played Mr. Mom and nurse for the first few days. He took care of Jack, entertained him, changed all diapers, and got up with him in the night, plus made sure that I was comfortable. He is a champ!
My brother Will also helped out once Dallin went back to work. He came over in the mornings before he had to go to work and entertained Jack. They went outside and played, plus they did some laundry together, which Jack loves.
We had dinner brought to us every night for 5 nights straight. Our friends Susie and Carole brought dinner the first night. And then somehow the Relief Society got wind that I was laid up (even though I didn't really tell anybody about it) and arranged meals for the rest of the week. It was awesome to have dinner ready every night, plus it was super tasty!
Jack was able to go play at a friend from our ward's house one day. I was worried because he hasn't ever been left with anyone he wasn't related to, and even then he had some issues. But I hear he was awesome and had a great time. Maybe we might need to arrange some playdates.
I am feeling better, just still a little sore and tired. I'm hoping things heal up soon so I can start wearing real pants again. Right now I'm kind of stuck wearing things with stretchy waists, since my incisions are right on the waist line. Jack and I are also looking forward to hitting the pool again. We haven't been in over two weeks now and we're losing our tans!
And as for Jack...
He noticed things weren't getting done around the house and took it upon himself to do some cleaning...
Yet, despite his cleaning ways, why does our living room always seem to look like this?
And yesterday, my keys went missing. We scoured the house for hours looking for them. Dallin even dug through the trash looking. Finally, that night, they were found in a basket in his room where we keep random odds and ends. What a little stinker!
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I wish we lived closer, so we could help. Awesome pics of Jack--what a little goober!! Love and miss ya'll
ReplyDeleteI love your new picture! And, I'm glad you are feeling better :)
ReplyDeleteIf I can do anything, please call!
ReplyDeleteOh Megan I'm sorry that stinks!!! I've had several of those surgeries myself and they suck!!! Take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon! It'll get better soon! ((Hugs))
ReplyDeleteHOpe you get better soon! What a great RS you have.
ReplyDelete