6.02.2011

Family, Dresses, and Many Cemetery Trips

This weekend all of my family came to down for the Memorial Day weekend.
They stayed with my grandma in Alpine, so we spent a lot of time there.

Jack had a great time swinging on the old tire swings.


He enjoyed playing with Aunt Whitney and soon-to-be Uncle Jared.

He discovered the old Barbie van and decided it was perfect for riding in.
And insisted he on being pushed around and around and around.

One of the their main reasons for visiting was to find a wedding dress and to meet the future son-in-law.
Whitney is modeling a dress, but it's not the actual one. I wouldn't want to put it up here and have the groom see it before the wedding day.
The girls went wedding dress shopping while the Dallin, Jack, and my dad got to know Jared better with a trip to Cabela's.
The night we all met back up at Tucano's for a tasty dinner and to meet Whitney's future in-laws and discuss wedding plans.

On Monday, we hung our new flag out in front of our house and made our traditional trips to the cemetery.

Even though Dallin doesn't work there anymore, he offered to help out for a little bit.
Jack and I came over for a little while.

Last year we wore our shorts and t-shirts.
This year there was a threat of snow, so we were bundled up in boots and jackets.
Jack can't pass up an opportunity to wear his Toy Story boots.

He enjoyed some M&M's.

And saluted the veterans.

Then we headed back to Alpine for the Strong Family BBQ.

We headed up to the cemetery to see Grandpa Strong's grave.
I love this picture of Jack and Gramma strolling along, hand in hand.

Jack and Aunt Sassy found a great rock for lounging.
Jack had a fun time visiting with his family and is already missing reading with Grandpa, teasing Gramma, and playing with his aunties.

1 comment:

  1. Did Jared not give written consent to have his picture posted on the blog? I only get to see him from waist down!
    I wish I had a little sister with whom to go wedding dress shopping! Very fun.

    ReplyDelete