8.02.2011

The Heart of the Matter

Jack playing Photo Booth

At both Jack's 18 month and 2 year wellness check, the doctor heard a heart murmur.
Since my brother has one and it's classified as innocent and he's never had any problems, I wasn't too concerned. Also Jack has seemed to healthy and active to have a severe heart problem.
But the doctor says when it comes to eyes and the heart, they have to get everything checked.
So today we visited a pediatric cardiologist at Primary Children's Hospital.
Jack thought it was really cool there. They had all the coolest toys and pictures.
He wasn't a fan of getting an EKG or his blood pressure checked.
But he didn't seem to mind when the doctor checked him out and listened to him.
In fact, he starting oinking like a pig during that part.
After checking everything out and asking lots of questions, the doctor determined that he has a Stills, or vibratory, murmur. Completely innocent and harmless.
He should outgrow it by the time he's 8.

So good news on the beat of Jack's heart!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad its nothing to worry about. Even though you weren't worried I guess its probably nice to be sure all is well.
    And I want cool toys when I go to the doctor! Why don't I have cool stuff? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that it is nothing serious. I hope you are all over the "bugs" you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know that! I am glad all is well. Big blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that everything is okay with Jack. Elijah has a mild murmer and an echo. But the doctor isn't concerned since he is active and doesn't seem to have any ill effects from it. Both my sister and I have a murmer and an echo too. It has never caused any problems for us. Hopefully Jack will grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete