6.18.2012

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

Our Father's Day didn't go exactly according to plan. Dallin got called out to work on Saturday and ended up staying in Lafayette. Luckily they switched him out so he could come home for part of the day. When we got up, the boys recorded a video to send to him.

He got home while we were at church. Jack was so excited to give Daddy his present, but fell asleep in the car on the way home. As I was getting him out of the car, he raised his head, exclaimed, "Daddy's truck is here," and then promptly fell back asleep.

Once he woke up, we gave Dallin his gifts. We made a card with their footprints that said, "We want to follow in your footsteps."  And we also got him a ratcheting set and Jack got him an apple and orange at nursery.

We had his requested dinner of steak, mashed potatoes, and Arkansas green beans with butter cake for dessert.

Dallin and Jack put a new battery in Lightning McQueen, so now he has more power than we know what to do with.  Jack can go really, really fast.

Happy Father's Day to our Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome gift! I bet that'll come in handy while you're working on the eclipse.

    Happy Fathers Day Dal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the video's too cute. I'm craving Arkansas grn beans now.......no bacon here

    ReplyDelete