4.22.2009

Those Embarrassing Slippers!

I currently own two pair of slippers.  One pair looks like the set above, except in green.  My wonderful fuzzy green slippers.  My brother mocked me when I asked for them for Christmas one year, saying they were just like shag carpet.  But I truly enjoy my fuzzy green slippers.

As previously noted, my feet have been rather tired as of late.  So I decided to bring my extra pair of slippers to school to slip on when I needed a little extra comfort.  

You'll never believe the hooting and hollering I heard upon donning my big balls of green comfort.

"YOU HAVE SLIPPERS ON!  YOU HAVE GREEN SLIPPERS ON!"

Those words could be heard pouring out of 23 little mouths in Room 169 today.  After promising that I would only wear them in the classroom and take them off immediately if any outsider entered the room, I was permitted to continue wearing them.

We did pretty well most of the day, until my Room Mom stopped in to ask a question.  I FORGOT TO TAKE OFF THE SLIPPERS!!  As I was talking to her, I suddenly hear little voices whispering, "Slippers...slippers...slippers."

To appease my humiliated class, I quickly discarded my slippers.  Fortunately my wonderful Room Mom played along and pretended she hadn't noticed that I had once been wearing fuzzy green slippers and was now barefoot.  My students can still walk the halls without hanging their heads in shame and embarrassment.  

Let's hope and pray that this awful teacher does not forget to take of THOSE SLIPPERS AGAIN!

5 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I could wear the ugliest outfit in the world and kindergartners would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan you must be the most embarrassing teacher EVER!:) I didn't know that 2nd graders cared what their teachers wore on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the funniest story ever! Good luck with CRTs... I'm getting nervous for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we should ALL wear slippers. I would sacrifice my dignity just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny... I vote we declare the week of April 20th National Slipper Week each year! LOL

    ReplyDelete