For some strange reason, our kids tend to wake up earlier on the weekend than on weekdays. They haven't received the memo that you sleep in on the weekend.
This morning we were up bright and early so we headed out to breakfast at IHOP. Jack loved his chocolate chip pancake and Luke liked his bananas and pancakes that Mommy and Daddy shared with him.
While we were waiting for our food, Jack was looking out the window. I asked him what he saw. His response, "I'm just looking at cars in Louisiana.". He's too funny.
After breakfast we headed to Target just as it was opening. We were literally the first people in the store. Jack has had a bit of a growth spurt and was getting too big for all of his shoes. So he got new running shoes, sandals, and church shoes. He was pretty excited.
When he was wearing his new sandals, he told me, "My sandals fit my BIG feet!" And he also told me, "Sippy Malone (what he calls Sister Malone, his nursery teacher) will love my new church shoes!"
Now I know why they get up so early - they want to have fun before everyone else is out!



What cute boys. I have to say, I get grumbly when Ethan wakes up early on weekends, but it really is nice to get so many things done early. And, I LOVE doing things when no one is up yet. I just have to go to bed early... which is a problem :) What a fun morning!
ReplyDelete