I haven't blogged in awhile and, frankly, it's because I feel I don't really have all that much to blog about. Sadly, I think I have a case of the January Blahs. January has always been my least favorite month. It's cold, there's a let down after Christmas, not much to look forward to (except for Dallin's birthday, but that's all the way on the last day of the month.)
This January has been exceptionally blah since I really don't leave the house much since it's disgusting outside (lovely Utah has had the worst air quality in the nation this week - worse than LA at rush hour. Yuck!) and I have a baby. Plus, where do we go? All the places I can think of are outdoors. What do you do to occupy yourself in the winter? We still have two months before we can even start hoping for spring.
Here's how Jack and I occupy our day: cleaning house, doing laundry, practicing crawling (he's getting close), walking in the walker, playing with toys, reading books, watching Sesame Street, napping (when he's cooperating), dancing, and taking pictures, as seen below. So if you have any ideas on what to do to get us out of our January Blahs, we'd appreciate it. And enjoy our pictures. At least I have a cute baby to lift my spirits.
I also hate January and start to get cabin fever. Something fun that I like to do is make a summertime meal for dinner one day. It helps to lift our spirits a little. We also like the library a lot. At least it's a new 4 walls to look at.
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute!!
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about the January blahs. I have decided that Green Bay has the worst winters ever. We got a huge snow storm a few weeks ago and now it seems like we keep getting thaws and then freezes, which only makes the already snow covered mess more treacherous! Elijah and I put off leaving the house for as long as possible, it is really quite sad. We read alot of books and watch movies and do puzzles. Plus, I decided to take advantage of the situation and get Eli potty trained. Woohoo!
ReplyDelete