Our days have been a little challenging lately.
Dallin has been busy at work.
While Jack has been AMAZING at potty training (not wearing a diaper at all during the day with only one minor accident all week and waking up dry most mornings), it is still a challenge. You have to drop everything you're doing right when he needs to go, even if you're just getting the baby to sleep. And he always has to go when you're just getting the baby to sleep. Even if you asked him if he needed to five minutes before and he said no. But I'm really proud of him and how great he's doing.
Luke is still having a rough post-doctor time. He's not sleeping or napping well and is pretty fussy and clingy. The only way I could get him to sleep the other day was to lay on my bed with him. He looked very cute once he passed out.
Both boys want to be with me all the time. But the big boy doesn't know how to play carefully with the baby, so I end up spending most of my time protecting Luke from his big brother's way of playing.
Yesterday Luke and I hid out in the bathroom for five minutes to get a break. We came out to find Jack's face covered in blood. Of course in the five minutes we were gone, he climbed up on something, fell off, and got a bloody nose. Luckily everything was fine after a good wipe down.
One afternoon I just needed a break because I was going to lose my mind. I loaded both kids in the car and they both promptly fell asleep. I stopped at Sonic's Happy Hour and got a drink. I was able to relax and enjoy some quiet time. That helped me get through the rest of the day with my sanity intact.
I love my babies, but some days are hard. Thank you for listening. This venting session is now over. We will now resume regularly scheduled happy posts.
We are really looking forward to Nana's visit this week!




I know what you mean. Some days you just NEED a break. I'm glad you found one!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! Going for a drive was a frequent way of bringing calm back into the world. Worked wonders putting our little ones to sleep! Miss you guys, Pop Pop
ReplyDeleteI've been there...with 2 little boys the same age. it does get better though, I promise. :)
ReplyDelete