5.17.2012

To Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street

Does anyone else remember that Dr. Seuss book? Well I feel like there have been some strange things afoot on our street this week.

It all started on Monday night. I was getting ready to put the baby to bed when I looked out the window to see a horse, fully saddled, galloping at full speed down our street. I waited, expecting to see someone following, but no one came. So we headed outside to see where the horse had ended up since we live on a dead end. Dallin soon followed the horse. Eventually he, a cop, and some other guys corralled the spooked horse until its very drunk owner came to claim it. Poor horse had been tied to a basketball hoop when it got spooked, pulled the hoop out of the ground, ran across a busy road, and ended up a mile away on our street.

This afternoon we had to take Luke to the doctor because he was in pain. Poor baby must have stomach cramps. When we returned home, our neighbor came to tell us she had just seen a skunk walk down our driveway and go behind the garage. Sure enough, there was a skunk cruising through our backyard. He eventually went into the next yard where another neighbor got rid of him with the hose. We are now praying he stays in the open, uninhabited field where he was last spotted and that we don't have to smell his stench.

Who knows what we'll spot next on our street?

And since I didn't take any pictures, here's a funny picture of Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment