On April 27, my wonderful grandmother, Lorraine Strong, passed away at the age of 90.
I can imagine the happy reunion between her and Grandpa and other family members.
I can just imagine him greeting her by saying, "My sweetheart!"
I always felt a special kinship to Grandma since I was named after her - Megan Lorraine.
I have lots of fond memories of her. She rarely sat down - she was always busy cooking, cleaning, and serving others. She was also very thoughtful. Even though she had 57 grandchildren, she remembered things about all of us. Whenever I would come to visit for dinner, she always made cheesy potatoes because she knew that was my favorite.
I especially got to know her well when Dallin and I were dating and engaged. I was living in California and Dallin was in Utah. I would come to visit on my breaks from school and stay with Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma made me feel right at home and took such good care of me. And she had such a good sense of humor. She was easy to be around.
She loved to serve and she served well. I just read in her obituary that she was Alpine's first Mother of the Year. I had recently saved this quote in my phone that fits her motto on life:
She has inspired me to be a better mother.
I love you, Grandma!


She must have been awesome. And 57 grandchildren...wow!
ReplyDelete