
The things we do for our students. In the month of February, our school competed in the Jazz Reading competition. While we didn't win a Jazz player, we did meet our school goal. And those teachers who were lucky enough to have their classes meet their class goal were able to compete in the Fear Factor Assembly. Lucky me, my class was one of the top reading classes in the lower grades.
I had the "pleasure" of putting my hands in brains (colored spaghetti) and dig out bugs. I also got to crack eggs in my hands and pass it onto my teammates. Luckily two of my teammates were kind enough to drink the mysterious substance in the bowl with the diapers.
Then came the part that really grossed me out. Sardines soaked in hot mustard. We were supposed to put them in our mouths, walk across the stage, and spit them in a cup. Just couldn't do it - just having the nasty thing in my hand made me feel sick to my stomach. I lost two points for my team. Hopefully they'll forgive me. Just so you know, pregnancy and sardines do not mix well.
I'm just lucky that I wasn't in the final challenge. They had to eat things like cow tongue, sushi, caviar, clams, octopus, and then a shake with all of those things pureed together. Just watching them made me feel sick again.
Our principal, who is such a good sport, allowed the kids to shave his head into a mohawk and spray paint it blue. He is really looking good.
Oh, the things we do to entertain and motivate the kids...
I love sardines in mustard sauce.
ReplyDeleteThat was the most disgusting assembly-EVER!!! It stunk so bad in there. If Kristy hadn't asked me to take pictures and run sound, I'd have left. Doug ended up w/2 bald spots in the back of his hair (I think courtesy of Sheri W.) I sprayed down Paul and Mark with Febreeze afterward.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny! You are so brave! Good job!
ReplyDeleteThis is the kind of stuff I miss the most about Pony!!! Such a fun place to be. Lucky you to have your class at the top!!! Hilarious. I'm excited that you will be having a mini-Dallin. I voted boy, so I feel very special. Hopefully we can chat soon. I miss hearing how you're doing and all the rest!
ReplyDeleteGROSS! You are a trooper for doing all that you did while pregnant!
ReplyDeleteWe are hopefully, finally starting to get better. Daxton got another ear infection but is on a stronger antibiotic that will hopefully get rid of everything! Hopefully we can get together soon!
I think that you should have had your dad stand in for you...
ReplyDelete