3.17.2009

Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Happy St. Patty's Day!

While I've never been much of St. Patrick's Day celebrator (my lack of alcohol consumption restricts a lot of the celebrations of the day), today I donned my green shirt and brought me some Lucky Charms to school.  The kids had a good ol' time sorting their magically delicious treat and writing about what they would do if they caught a leprechaun.  Fun was had by all!

But, oh, the celebrating didn't stop there!  While driving home today, I recalled how in college, my good friend Sarah always made us corned beef and cabbage every year.  And strangely enough, it sounded really good to my goofy pregnancy taste buds.  So right now, Dallin and I have whipped up some corned beef and cabbage and it's cooking on the stove.  It smells so good and I can't wait to eat it.  I'll let you know how it tastes!  (Most likely like a little bit of St. Patrick's Day heaven)

P.S. Thanks to Sarah and Lily for their corned beef and cabbage tips!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your corned beef and cabbage turned out. Mamie's legacy lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked your's so much, I love it.....you don't have to wait for next year to have it again.

    ReplyDelete