3.28.2009

I Don't Heart Maternity Pants and Other Musings

Maternity Clothes
My wonderful friend Cammi generously loaned me her maternity clothes and I discovered something that I just don't like, but seem to be a necessary evil - maternity pants, and maternity jeans in particular.  
At my appointment this month, my doctor kindly noticed that my belly had really "blossomed" this last month.  This was something not lost on me.  Even with my belly sleeve, things are just kind of tight.  So when Cammi offered her clothes, I jumped at the chance to not have to buy new pants.  But maternity jeans are just so unflattering, as you can tell from the above picture.  Someone out there needs to figure out a way to make jeans that can accomodate the growing pregnant figure as well as flatter it.  They would make so much money.

A Dancing Machine
My baby seems to have been on a sugar high for the last week, despite the fact that I haven't eaten much sugar.  That kid has really started moving.  Whenever I sit down, no matter the time of day, I can feel him moving.  And now his daddy can feel him some of the time too.  I guess Little Man Coffman has developed some strength.  I can only imagine what it's going to be like in the next few months, once he gets bigger.  

Baby Furniture
Now I pose a question for you.  Where do you get good baby furniture?  We have the crib, we have the bassinet.  I've been looking around for a changing table in cherry to go with the crib and there is nothing really out there.  I was hoping to find a changing table that can also double as a dresser, but I would like something that would close like a cupboard.  Everything I've seen is open shelves.  Any ideas?  

Grrrr...
While out looking for above mentioned changing table today, I saw bedding that I like and now have a theme for the nursery in mind - JUNGLE!  There is some really cute stuff out there and I'm excited to have a better idea of what I want to do.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, so you can tell I love baby shopping. Anyway here you go:

    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2334484

    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2574689

    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04911240000P?vName=Baby&cName=Nursery&sName=Furniture

    http://www.target.com/dp/B000F74S2O/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=0KCWVC05G0JRD760VHMH&pf_rd_p=465357931&pf_rd_i=B000F74S2O&pf_rd_s=bottom-6&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101

    http://www.target.com/DaVinci-Kalani-3-Drawer-Changer-Cherry/dp/B000IAOIQY/qid=1238280370/ref=br_1_10/179-5177011-2292565?ie=UTF8&node=13298371&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

    http://www.target.com/LA-Baby-Combo-Organizer-Cherry/dp/B000LPLQJS/qid=1238280370/ref=br_1_15/179-5177011-2292565?ie=UTF8&node=13298371&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

    I had to do the same thing a couple years ago- go around looking for a dresser/changer to match my crib. I found the perfect one after much searching, so good luck! We are also doing jungle for our little boy. Which set do you like? We are doing Cotton Tale Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the jungle theme as well! It sounds adorable! It was so good seeing you and Dallin at my party the other night. Thanks again for coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 1 maternity pants suggestion for you - Secret Fit Belly. If you haven't already discovered them, go to Motherhood and buy yourself 1 pair - super comfy and you can wear them all the way up until you have him. The belly part of the pants is a thin stretchy material, and it might seem weird that it comes up clear under your "bosoms", but they are the most comfy thigs in the world. And they never fall down, which as you get bigger will be a big problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a suggestion....STOP BUYING BABY STUFF!!!! You need to leave something for the rest of us to get you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you make the maternity pants cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just get one of those low wide dressers and get a changing pad thingy to go on top. Then, you can use it later when there are no babies!
    And, although I've never tried them Kiersti's pant idea sounds good. I always had a problem having to pull those pants up as I got further along.

    ReplyDelete